The body section of an HTML document contains all the information and presentation information that a user will see on their screen when viewing the webpage.
What elements can I include in the <body> section?
- <p>: Useful for creating a structured paragraph.
- <br />: Adds a line break, forcing content that follows onto a new line.
- <h1>: Ranging from h1 to h6, these are useful for creating headings.
- <blockquote>: Creates a block of indented text to outline a large quote.
- <a>: Creates a hyperlink that connects a document to another document or resource.
- <img />: Adds an image of choice to the document.
- <ol>, <ul>: Useful for creating either ordered or unordered lists.
- <table>: Useful for organizing data into an easy to read grid.
Many other elements exist, however, they fall outside the scope of this basic tutorial.